In international trade, logistics chain must foresee from the moment in which company decides to export or import goods. The delivery of international trade is not same as local or global trade. It affects design of packaging materials and terms of delivery. Bemar Group has defined some terms and conditions you should fulfil for international logistics trade, which include:
- Nature and characteristics of merchandise
- Unit load
- Mode of transport
- Transportation process
- Legislation and regulations
- Logistics in international contract of sale
Andrzej Szymonik, the author of International Logistics, defined international logistics as the answer to demand of goods internationally. He also mentioned that international logistics could function effectively and efficiently if we manage all participants and processes that constitute logistics channels. Thus, logistics international management concerns on joint planning, forecasting, supplementation of stocks, monitoring and controlling interrelated processes, configuration of product and network, designing products, forming production network, and many more. However, the decision still lay in the basic principles of international logistics management used by organisation dealing with knowledge – improvement and advisory in area company management.
In turn, the efficiency of international logistics channel management is determined by degree of these objectives:
- minimisation of total cost of product and information flow, while maintaining the quality level of supply service required by client,
- ensuring the shortest possible time of contract realization and highest possible reliability, frequency and flexibility,
- optimisation of supply level of the scale of international logistics channel, together with flexible adjustment to preferences as regards delivery service for particular areas of the market,
- standardisation of trade and logistics units identification, companies and locations, sent and received shipments, returnable resource, individual resources, service relationship, documents, and
- continuous improvement of management methods with the aim to achieve growing customer satisfaction.
Likewise, there is also one of conditions for efficient movement of products which is to create points of modal logistics network. In practise, it will depend on time of formation, classification, purpose, and strategy such as storage building, storage centre, logistics service centre, and more.
In short, logistics in international trade has its own regulation of flows and tolls. It will depend on each company or country but there is a general regulation you can study. Hence, if your logistics company go international, you need to acknowledge yourself more about the terms and conditions applied accordingly.
Read also: Self-Maintained Machine: Tips to Make Maintenance “Transparent” for Warehouse Users